Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gender Ultrasound!!

What a great way to celebrate Valentine's day! On February 14th, Kyle, Brody, my mother, my father, and I traveled to St. Vincent's to find out the gender of our little one! What an exciting day! My parents had never seen an ultrasound and were SUPER excited to come along as we found out! Here is what I looked like at 19 weeks pregnant.





And the pictures that really matter!!


Little feet


It's a GIRL!!


The ultrasound tech was trying to get a picture of her little hand.
Her fingers were moving around. 


An arm and fist


Legs


Spine



Heart rate was 132 bpm


Face (facing camera)



Profile with hand covering face




The ultrasound tech tried to get a good profile picture for us.
These were the best she could get.

At the end of the ultrasound, I asked one more time to double check the gender. She gladly looked again and confirmed girl! By this time, Brody was getting tired of being at the doctor's office. Kyle and my dad went into the waiting room as my mother and I checked out and made my next appointment. As I was making my next appointment Dr. Davis' nurse found me and reminded me that I needed to see the Doctor still! Whoops! So she led me and my mother into an exam room. I decided to just let the boys stay in the waiting room hoping the doctor wouldn't take too long to see us. While we were waiting my mother was looking through the baby name book I had brought. She found the name Karlee and really liked the "lee" ending. I told her that I liked Carly, but didn't know if I liked the alternate spelling. Let me clarify by saying I was interested in K names and "lee" endings, but I just wasn't sure about Karlee yet. The doctor came in and said everything looked good and that she'd see me back in 4 weeks just to check the heartbeat and measure my belly. 

After we left the hospital, we decided to celebrate at The Cheesecake Factory! Yum! My parents had never been. We had talked it up so much I was worried that it wouldn't meet their expectations. I got my usual parmesan crusted chicken with pasta and a red sauce (and cheese, of course!). Kyle got a chicken curry dish, my dad got a burger, and my mom got a pasta dish. Everything was DELICIOUS! We were so full after lunch, but we still had room for cheesecake!! I got Tiramisu, Kyle got the 40th anniversary, my dad got pineapple upside down, and my mother got a dutch apple. Kyle and my dad ate their whole cheesecake, but my mother and I left a bite or two. We hated to do it, but there is only so much room!! 

I had told Kyle that I wanted a name picked out soon after we knew what gender we were having. I didn't want to prolong the process. We narrowed it down to Addison or Karlee (Karlee was starting to grow on me!). When we got home we decided to ask our Facebook friends and created a poll. The poll was not created to be the deciding factor, but just to give us an idea of our friends' opinions. At the end of the day the votes were tied! Thanks for the help, guys!! The next day we were going to decide. After Kyle got home from work we started talking about names. He told me that if I wanted Karlee that would be what the name would be. He didn't even put up a fight! So I accepted his gesture and decided I liked Karlee  because it's not guaranteed that we will have another girl and I really wanted to "pass on" my "lee" ending. :) 

So that's the story about finding out we were expecting a little girl and how she got her name! 







1 comment:

  1. I love The Cheesecake Factory! That's what we miss most about Nashville. I am so glad things are going great for y'all!

    ReplyDelete