Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fishing with the Family

On Saturday, March 24th, my parents invited us to their cabin in Carbon Hill, AL to go fishing at their neighbor's pond. Kim had to work that weekend so everybody but her was there. Brody had a great time getting in the pond. It was a little chilly so I'm sure it was cold! My parents bought Brody a baseball bat and tee set so before we went to the pond, we played around with Brody's tee ball set and ate some lunch.




Brody's skillful one-handed batting. 


 After lunch we loaded up the four-wheelers and headed to the pond. My dad needed to plant some trees so Kyle volunteered to go and help him. Little did I know that they'd be gone the whole time! We brought chairs, a quilt, candy, snacks, drinks, kites, and new bubble toys to help entertain Brody and Haley. Brody walked right into the pond as soon as we got there becoming soaking wet and dirty! All boy, of course!



I didn't like pulling him out of the water every 5 seconds so we tried something else. Brody loves playing with his bubbles and wands so we pulled out the new bubble toys. 


Brody decided his hat looked better sideways. 


Playing with bubbles helped a lot. Haley discovered that there were tadpoles in the pond. She spent the rest of the day trying to catch them and put them in a cup. I think she caught over twenty! Too bad she had to throw them all back the next day because her Daddy wouldn't let her bring them home with her. After bubbles, it was time to pull out the candy! This was Brody's first time eating a ring pop! I think he liked it! 




After the ring pop I changed Brody out of his wet clothes. It was windy and he wasn't drying as quickly as I hoped and he was starting to get cold. My mom and brother were fishing while I tried to keep Haley and Brody busy. They decided to move further up the pond and try fishing off the (not very safe) pier. After a while my mom caught the first fish of the day! 





She was really excited, but didn't want to touch it! So, my brother held it for her while I took a picture. Not long after, my Dad and Kyle returned from planting trees... only to leave again! Ugh! Brody loves the four-wheelers! 


By this time, Brody was ready for a nap and Haley still needed some entertaining! The wind was picking up by now. I sat in a chair with Brody in my lap and a blanket shielding us from the wind. He ended up falling asleep (for a little while at least). Haley was getting bored and ready to go back to the cabin so I gave her the camera and let her take some pictures. She can take some good and creative pictures, but she takes a TON! Here is one that she took of the pond. 


My mom and brother decided to try fishing off of the boat for a little while. By this time, Brody decided to wake up (unhappily) and Haley was beyond ready to go back to the cabin. Kyle came back and got us and took us back to the cabin. 


Once we got back to the cabin my dad was ready for dinner. Haley and I started making some spaghetti while Brody and Kyle watched some TV and relaxed on the recliner. After a while, my brother and mom decided to call it a day and join us back at the cabin. The boys thought it would be fun to shoot some guns for a little bit before dinner. Brody wanted in on the fun, so we put some headphones on him so he could watch too. 


How cute is this little boy?!


This was even AFTER washing his face trying to get the blue ring pop off of his mouth!


Brody, just being one of the boys! This boy was worn out after our long day! 


Kyle and David went back to the pond after dinner to "look for Bo Dog"
and somehow ended up catching this fish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment