Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter 2012

A few days before Easter we had realized that we still hadn't gotten Brody's picture taken with the Easter Bunny! We drove over to the mall and walked around a bit to get Brody comfortable. He saw the Easter Bunny and was waving and saying "hi!" so we decided to get in line. There were two kids in front of us. One little girl was already on his lap getting her picture made and then there was a tiny little baby boy in front of us. While the little boy was getting his picture made, Brody kept trying to get under the ropes to see the Easter Bunny and kept waving. Finally, it was our turn. My plan was to carry Brody up to the bunny and let him say "Hi" and then place him in the bunny's lap. The bunny had other ideas. As soon as I walked up to the bunny, the bunny got up out of his chair and grabbed Brody from me! I wasn't expecting it and it shocked me, well, it totally didn't work for Brody! He didn't like that at all!!! So, we left with a crying picture, which is fine because it's a memory and that's what we were going for anyway. I was the mean mom and after I "saved" Brody from the Easter Bunny, while he was still crying, I told him to say "Thank You" to the bunny. He did and we went to find Daddy and wait for the pictures to print out. He would not let me put him down! He wouldn't even go to his Daddy, which is a big deal! The poor bunny really messed Brody up for a while. We decided to treat ourselves to lunch at the mall so we got some Chick fil A. Brody was fine after that and even went back to walking near where the bunny was and waving at him. Sweet boy :)



We had a great time celebrating Easter this year! We started the weekend by spending Saturday at my mom and dad's house. David, Kim, and Haley came over too and we had an early Easter dinner with family that night. Haley and Brody (for a little while) dyed Easter eggs. Brody only dyed two I think. He wrote on them with the white crayon and put them in the dye, but kept wanting to stick his hands in the dye. We let him down and let him play with Daddy instead. :) Haley and I dyed the rest of them. I wish I had gotten some pictures of this day.

After dying Easter eggs we played and played and played! We got out baseballs, tees, bats, sidewalk chalk, spray bottles, and squirt guns! What a fun day! My mom baked a ham, scalloped potatoes, broccoli (yum! One of my favorites!), corn (Brody's favorite), and rolls. Then we had a red velvet cake roll for dessert. 

On Sunday, we woke up and went to worship. When we got home we let Brody get into his Easter basket before his nap. We got him a squirt gun and some candy. I'm thinking this will be the last year we can shop for Easter with Brody in the cart with us! Jema was able to be with us this Easter and she gave Brody an Easter basket full of goodies as well. That night, Kacy joined us for Easter dinner. This was the first time I had ever cooked a ham. I think it turned out well. I also made ranch potatoes (yum!), corn (cause I love my little boy), and rolls. I also made a chocolate peanut-butter cake from scratch. It was rich, but super yummy! We usually don't eat a lot of sweets so we'll eat a dessert I make for a few days and then it sits there until it goes bad and I throw it away. This time the cake didn't last many days! We had a great Easter weekend! 


Jeanny took some great Easter pictures for us Sunday morning. 





We didn't get him a lot, but I think he was happy! 


Easter dinner :)


I let Kyle pick the dessert for Easter. He wanted a peanut butter cake.
This was the one I found. It was gooooood! 
The glaze was really thick and I probably wouldn't put it all 
on when/if I made this cake again. 



Here is the website with the recipe of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake (and what it's supposed to look like) :)

1 comment: