Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in Pittsburgh

Sunday was a family day in Pittsburgh. My family got up early and went to their church at 8am. We had a little bit more time to get ready to go to our church at 9am! We had the opportunity to visit with the members at the Whitehall Church of Christ. After worship we went home and ordered pizza from Ephesus. We got hot chicken pizza (which was buffalo chicken with tomatoes, lettuce, and purple onion) and we got seafood alfredo pizza (which was shrimp and imitation crab meat with alfredo sauce). They were delicious! Then my aunts, uncles, and cousins all came over and we all hung out. I love my big family!


Here is a picture of my family eating breakfast on Sunday morning. My grandmother's house is not usually this messy. This is all thanks to Brody and Haley!! We filled that house with all of our junk!

Here is one of the last pieces from the seafood alfredo pizza. The hot chicken pizza was gone before we could get a picture. Ephesus has some good pizza!

On Monday, we decided to have a relaxing day before we left on Tuesday. We ate lunch at a place that had really good gyros and then shopped at Definitely You which is a place that has a ton of Pittsburgh souvenirs. My aunt bought Brody some hockey sticks, Kyle got a Polamalu jersey and bought Brody a Roethlisberger jersey so they can match on gamedays. We also got some Pittsburgh stickers to put on the back of our van.


There were some left over stickers for the "family" to put on our window so Kyle said we'll just have to have more kids so we can put them all on there. I counted and told Kyle that there were 9 more kids left and another dog and cat. I think we're going to have a few extra that we don't use, haha!

On Tuesday, we got up early, packed the van, and said goodbye. :( We started our long drive home, this time with my Mom in the front seat so she wouldn't get carsick. We had to stop a few times, but I don't think it was that bad. I did feel bad for my Mom and Haley though because once we got to our house in TN and unloaded everything they still had a 3 1/2 hour drive back home to AL. We had a great time (other than my Mom getting food poisoning) and can't wait until we get to take another trip and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment